Saturday, January 26, 2013

Short Story Review: Ethan by P.T. Michelle

Ethan by P.T. Michelle
Series: Brightest Kind of Darkness #0.5
Publisher: Self-Published
First published: January 11th, 2013
Source: Received from author
Format: eBook (Kindle)
Pages: n/a
Goodreads Summary:
Ethan Harris never thought monsters and darkness would consume his daily thoughts, but every night the same visions repeat in his dreams. He’s careful to project a semblance of normalcy, keeping the suffocating darkness locked inside. As much as he wishes he could focus on girls, sports, and cars like other seventeen-year-olds; nothing distracts him from his own demons or shines through.

Until Nara Collins crosses his path. The blonde fascinates and intrigues him, giving him a measure of peace he’s never felt before.

When Ethan discovers there’s more to Nara than she allows others to see, that she might have a unique secret of her own, suddenly his world comes into focus.

My Rating: 4.5 / 5

What I thought about it:
I've been in love with this series ever since I read Brightest Kind of Darkness, so of course I had to read this prequel novella as well. It's told from Ethan's point of view and starts off even before he and Nara have met, which gives us an idea about what his life used to be like. Instead of just filling the time until the release of the third installment, it adds more dimension to the story, especially after we didn't get to see Ethan a lot in Lucid.

There has never been a doubt that Ethan is a great character, but witnessing certain moments from his point of view just makes me love him even more. His life is anything but easy, but he still seems to care more for others than for himself. Witnessing his interactions with animals is both heart breaking and beautiful.

Of course my favorite part is when he sees Nara for the first time and develops feelings for her. Those two are such a wonderful couple and I'm already crossing my fingers for them to get their happy ending. All in all, Ethan is a wonderful prequel for a series that will always be one of my favorites. If you haven't read Brightest Kind of Darkness yet, I'd recommend you to pick up a copy of these books immediately.

Buy this novella:
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes & Noble

Have you read this series? What do you think about it?
Carina

9 comments:

  1. AHHH!! I didn't know this existed until just now. Must buy. I'm glad to hear it was a good one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got this and totally can't wait to devour it! So glad you liked it.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention
    that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. After all I'll be subscribing for your feed and I'm hoping you write again very soon!

    My site: to get your ex girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I initially left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
    and now each time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment.
    Perhaps there is an easy method you can remove me from that service?

    Thanks!

    Also visit my website ... how to get your ex back fast

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all I want to say great blog! I had a quick
    question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I've had a hard time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out
    there. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the
    first 10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just
    trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or tips?
    Cheers!

    my webpage; www.wiki.rffst.vtech.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic items from you, man. I've take into accout your stuff previous to and you are just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired right here, certainly like what you are saying and the best way during which you say it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to stay it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a terrific web site.

    Have a look at my site - cold sore remedies

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're really a good webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you've done a
    excellent task on this matter!

    Here is my site: how to get your ex girlfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read several just right stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you place to create this sort of wonderful informative website.

    Visit my web page how to get your ex girlfriend back

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!